Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Convenience store food

Yesterday’s question of the day on KROC was about favorite convenience store food.  Apparently Casey’s is one of the top pizza sellers in the nation and their pizza ranks right up there as a favorite.  I’m not gonna lie, I do love Casey’s pizza and their breadsticks.  They tend to put plenty of cheese on, the crust is decent and it’s greasy.  Yes.  I said it.  I love greasy pizza.  I’m not talking about every day.  Okay. Lying.  If I could get away with eating it every day, I would.  

But… that said. I don’t think it is my favorite per se.  If I had to pick the one food I most like to grab and go it would have to be the cheese stuffed breadsticks at Kwik Trip, no sauce needed.  I have a serious love affair with those things. Funny(ish) story.  The other day, Libby and I were racing to get somewhere and stopped at a Kwik Trip to grab something quick on the way.  I went right for my old standby (which happens to be Libby’s favorite too so it is always a race to see who will get them first.) I get there and sadly, no breadsticks.  Of course I have to be dramatic and forget that I have a voice that carries, “No breadsticks!  What am going to do?  I’ve been looking forward to them! They are the only thing I like here, etc…”  This kind gentleman hands me his little baggie of breadsticks, apparently he had chosen the last ones, and says “here, you can have them.”  Horrified I tell him no thanks, that I was just being silly.  And he pushed them at me again saying, “no really - they aren’t my favorite and it sounds like they are yours.”  So I did end up getting my breadsticks after all.  And bonus - I totally embarrassed my teenage daughter!

I think all my favorite convenience store foods are Kwik Trip foods.  I had a garlic chicken sandwich one day that was amazing.  I love their soft pretzels and yogurt parfaits.  I wouldn’t turn down an egg roll or chicken roller bite.  The cheesecurds are pretty good but the cheesy tator tot things are amazing!  They had these delicious apple pie wrapped in a tortilla things that are good.  Their breakfast croissants are yummy and their muffins - oh my goodness!  It’s a good thing I try not to eat there very often as I have a lot of favorites that aren’t the most healthy of choices.  

What’s your favorite convenience store food?  

No comments:

Post a Comment