Friday, January 6, 2017

New Clothes!

A friend of mine letters clothing, well and other stuff too.  She has had some really cool designs pop up on her Facebook page and I saw one that I had to have.  I’ve been wanting DE clothing anyway, since my entire wardrobe is virtually black/silver/teal Falcon wear.  I really have two items I can wear to the kids’ events and I don’t want other DE parents thinking I own two shirts.  And this was even more perfect because of the message.  


So my order came in the mail and I was SO excited.  But I wanted to surprise Sophie.  So I waited.  The perfect moment came at her home game last night.  I walked in and she was warming up.  She didn’t notice my shirt until all of sudden she glances up from the bench.  Of course I had to sit up straight and point to my shirt.  She starts shaking her head and laughing.  Then I turn around and her sister, my accomplice, points to the back and gives a thumbs up.  If I remember correctly she slaps herself on the forehead and really starts shaking her head and mouthing “oh no!” but smiling all the way.  


After noticing my new shirt she had the BEST game of the year, so I think it’s my new lucky shirt.  And the next best part is that I got to pair it with my new leggings.  These leggings were also lettered by the same friend and sport the message “This basketball mom loves her basketball girl”.  It was her first attempt at lettering leggings and they turned out fantastic.  I’m so happy!  And despite the fact that I think she was a little bit embarrassed, I think Sophie was happy too! That’s the best part.  As much as my girls make me smile, I love to try to make them smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment