Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Words of Wisdom

Last week I had a student in my sixth grade classroom get me really well.  We were talking about how teachers used to be able to use corporal punishment.  I was describing my mom's story about her typing class where you got rapped on the knuckles with a ruler and this young man pipes up with a question, "You know those kids that got spanked as a child, it caused diseases."  He got me hook line and sinker and I was responded, "Diseases?  Like what?"  And his witty response, "Like respect."  I have to admit, I laughed.  A lot.

So I went searching for other words of wisdom.  I found some good ones.

First of all, we have some advice for that self centered, egotistical soul that we all know who puts their own wants and needs ahead of others.  I'm not talking about taking time out for your self.  I'm talking about people that bring to line one of my favorite quotes from a movie, quoted from Armageddon by the gentleman who discovered the astroid that was going to wipe out the earth.
"Karl: Sir, I'm retired navy, I know all about classified. But one more thing. The person who finds her gets to name her right?
Dan: Yes, yes that's right, that's right.
Karl: I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking bitch from which there is no escape."



There are many variations to this next tidbit of information.  But so far this is my favorite.  I don't think I could have said it better, although I have been known to say that I'd like to prove the theory that money can't buy happiness wrong.  Just give me the chance!



I can't help but laugh a lot at the next one.  Poor Ryan, he has to put up with me.  He might not agree to the benefits, but I think I'm a pretty big "perk".  Yeah, that's what I am.




They're everywhere, they're everywhere!!!  I love my zombie show, The Walking Dead and honestly, sometimes I think I would rather deal with the "walkers" than some of the real life people I deal with almost every day.  The walkers probably have more personality and caring than these people do too.

But there is hope.  Spring will come eventually.  I think?  And with spring comes the best time of the year.  I miss my horse show family SO much!! 



For anyone that reads my blog and still is crazy enough to think they want to be my friend.  I do have warning label.  


And lastly, because no one says it better than Grumpy Bear:



No comments:

Post a Comment