Monday, April 7, 2014

If you're struggling and you know it clap your hands...

Yep, you can thank me for getting that tune stuck in your head.  You're welcome.  Glad I could help.

Haven't we all had those days.  For whatever reason?  Where we just wish we could pull the blankets up over our heads and stay in bed.  And maybe, even feel sorry for ourselves a little?  There are so many suck it up, put on your big girl panties, pull yourself up by your bootstraps kind of quotes out there.  Where is the one that says, "It's okay to be a human and just have a crappy day once in a while".  To feel sad is human, to grieve is human, to want to give up is human.  Why must we feel be made to feel weak if we just let ourselves have a minute, an hour, or a day?

Sigh.  I think we need to remember the following.


And we need to stop judging.  We need to stop saying, "don't let that bother you" or "that isn't a big deal".  Because to that person it is a big deal and by saying, "don't let that bother you" you're saying that their feelings aren't legitimate.  And they are.  What isn't a big deal to you, might be a huge deal to them.  Let them find their peace with it and move on.  Support them.  Empathize, sympathize or shut the hell up.  

To all my friends who are struggling, I'm here for you.  I will let you vent, cry, complain, and then I will help you.  I will help you realize the following:


And then I will remind you to do the following:


And lastly, I'll do my best to make you smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment