Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A little something different - a poem

So... yeah, I write poetry.  And I don't share it.  Usually.  I've written very few over the years that I've been brave enough to share with anyone.  But sometimes words, thoughts and emotions aren't meant to be shared in the traditional sentence and paragraph form.

Blindsided
by Melissa Andring

You see him
Standing there
Out of the blue
It's been so long
You thought you were over it
But in that one breath you realize
You're not

Breathe

It's just him
He's just a person
But your pulse races
Your heartbeat echoing in your chest
Your stomach clenches
Your breathing speeds up, shallow
Why is he here?  He's not supposed to be here.  I'm not prepared.

Breathe

This isn't love
It's something darker
A monster clawing at your heart and head
Fear
Anxiety
Hurt
Memories crashing over you in waves

Breathe

Suddenly you're that girl
That weak
Scared
Girl
The one he called repulsive
And crazy
And you feel yourself sucked back into feeling... small

Breathe

Cold
So cold
Shaking
Stop shaking
Can't breathe
Every sound so loud
Why am I so cold?

Breathe

What to do?
Run
Hide
Is he watching?
Those extra pounds I can't lose
Why did I wear this?
I hate my hair

Breathe

You've got this
He doesn't control you
Breathe
Be strong
People are watching
Don't let the children see or know.

Breathe

Later
Home
Safe
The tears begin to fall
The walls crashing down
You let the hurt take over

Breathe

Strength
Bruised
Not broken
He can't hurt you now
If you don't let him
Remember
Remember he was wrong

Breathe

Let
It
Go
You're beautiful
You're wanted
You're a warrior
Survivor

Just breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment