Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Quotes from books on t-shirts

I'm always finding quotable quotes in the books I read. Often I will read something and it will touch me so much that I'll underline it in my book or write it in my journal. (Yes, this is why I buy my own books and hate reading them on an electronic device.) Today in our class novel, as I was reading I got the chuckles about a couple of lines and couldn't help think of the t-shirts I would love to have made with the quotes on them. Of course I knew who I would love to give said t-shirt to or where I would personally wear it.




#1: "Exercise is nothing more than a depressing reminder that one is a not a god." I mean, really. Isn't that just perfect? Picture that on a work out tank top or t-shirt and heading to the gym. I'm sure it would help brighten at least a couple moods, not counting mine. Anything to make those long runs feel just a little bit shorter, right?

#2: "Why does college have to happen to perfectly good people?" Yeah, I already can see the exact color of this shirt that I'm quite certain Libby needs to have as a graduation present. It will be perfect and completely relatable. Especially around finals time next year. You know, when you haven't slept, eaten anything besides crap at your desk and officially feel like you will never have a life again and may end up sleeping in a cardboard box down by the river. Yeah, then.

#3: "Suck it up. Winners don't complain." So, I'm thinking maybe I could keep this one? This almost sounds like something you would see on some Under Armour or Nike brand apparel. Yes it would fit for Sophie and her athletics, yes it would work for Libby and her horses, but really - isn't this the best advice a teacher can give her students? "This assignment is too hard," Mrs Andring points to her shirt. "I can't find the answer to number 3." Mrs Andring points to her shirt. "We have to do all of this by tomorrow?!" Mrs Andring points to her shirt. I could go on, but you get the point.

I'm loving this class novel. Be ready for more words of wisdom tomorrow. This book doesn't seem to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment