Thursday, March 16, 2017

Faith in Humanity

There are so many negative stories and people hating on each other out there, that I’ve taken to trying to improve my mood and what shows up on my Pinterest.  For those of you who don’t have Pinterest, you can choose to follow certain boards of family friends and topics you’re interested in.  But the rest of the “pins” that show up in your feed are chosen by Pinterest based off of what you’ve been searching.  In an effort to keep my Pinterest more positive (and not all wedding and recipe) I started searching “faith in humanity”.  I was not disappointed.










These are just a small sampling of some larger pins that I have saved.  Every single one I read makes me feel better.  Not just because I know there are still good people out there.  But because someone else is putting these stories together.  Someone else is taking their time to find positive stories and share them in a way that people can easily view.  These stories are inspiring.  They inspire me to be better, do better and have hope.  That’s what makes my world go around.  Stories of people helping people.  

Inspiring Video from No Racism No War

Sometimes these stories show up on Facebook as videos.  I have one saved that I shared with my class the other day before we wrote essays with the topic/theme of “winning isn’t everything”.  I’ve watched this video a dozen times and I still get choked up.  The ones that really get me are the kids.  I see kids helping kids all the time.  I have a lot of faith in our young people and hope for our future.  But these kids, they go above and beyond and sacrifice their wants for someone else’s happiness.  That’s something you don’t get to see every day.  I know so many of "my kids" would do the same and I count myself lucky that I get to work with them every single day. Which makes me think of another blog I should write...

Have "faith in humanity" and let's look for the good, not the bad! Take a minute - type it in your google image search and brighten your day. It always helps mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment