Sunday, January 11, 2015

Busy weekend for Sophie

You know, I tried to keep a positive attitude going into this weekend, but I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to how busy we would be.  But I'm not going to lie, it was a blast!

Not knowing much about basketball, and not being a big basketball fan, I was thinking that watching the 5th grade games might drag by.  Not even close.  I still don't know squat about basketball, but I yell a lot of "Go White" or "Go Sophie" and do a lot of repeating whatever the Falcon fans around me say.  Hopefully I didn't make too much of an ass of myself, but it was so exciting.  I'm not gonna lie.  We didn't win, but it is so cool to watch Sophie get better as the game went on.  Very proud of her.  Going to get her basketball shorts and longer socks.  I know nothing about game attire, but Libby, being the basketball fashion police, informed me I need to get to Dick's.  So will make a stop there and get her ready for this next Saturday's game.  Cannot wait!



We rounded out the afternoon with running to buy a load of hay and getting it all stacked and ready for the horses.  There is really nothing more rewarding and reassuring than having that hay stacked and knowing the horses will be kept fat and happy.

Today was another busy day for Sophie.  Today was the Just For Kix winter show.  So many great performances.  I don't know which I like better, watching the talented older students, the improvement in the middle grades or the antics of the youngest dancers.  There is something in every act that makes you smile.  

Sophie danced in 4 songs and by far my favorite was the trio that she and two of her friends did.  When they told me that they were choreographing their own routine I was a little skeptical.  I was so shocked and so proud!  It was amazing.  Cute, creative, and showcased each of them.  So blown away.  I'm just so impressed with the program that Kari runs.  I honestly don't know how she manages all those dancers but we can't thank her enough!


Rounded out the weekend with a 4H meeting and off to a relaxing week at work and school.  Happy Sunday and back to work Monday to all of you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment