Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday basketball

Okay, seriously.  My only blogs seems to be about Sophie and her extra curricular activities.  I do have a life.  I promise.  Most of it revolves around work and the kids, true.  But truthfully, who wouldn't love to watch these kids play?  And I got to visit with some old horse friends!  Thanks Bo for keeping me company.  ;)

The first game went so well - we all thought the girls were going to bring home their first win.  Sadly, in the last few seconds the other team squeaked out a couple of baskets to win by 2.  It was a real barn burner with a final of 12-10.  But Sophie scored!  A couple of times.



The second game wasn't quite as close.  But there were improvements made by all.  It was so fun to watch as Sophie pushed herself to shoot more.  She scored a few more times but it wasn't enough to bring the Falcons within winning distance and they ended up 28-14.  Good effort by all.  Saw improvements in everyone!


Playing Dover-Eyota meant that Sophie went head to head against some of her old horse show buddies.  I asked her how that was and she said that it was fun to see them and not as weird as she thought it would be.  Kind of fun to see them in a different situation!


Sophie got to shoot her first free throws in a game situation.  4 shots, didn't make one and when she went to practice shooting hoops between halves, made her first one.  I told her that was pretty typical.  I would be a nervous wreck shooting free throws in front of everyone.

I love seeing her part of a team and being such a great team player.  They are always out there backing each other up and finding great joy in their teammates success.  LOVE seeing this, this is what it is about!


No comments:

Post a Comment