Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not one to set and/or follow New Year's Resolutions.  But I have learned about the importance of setting goals over the years and have had the importance of them impressed upon me time and again. So I wrote out an example of a New Year's Resolution essay and figured this was the best place to share it, since this blog is even directly mentioned.

New Year’s Resolutions: 2015
New Year’s resolutions are like goals that a person sets for themselves at the beginning of the new year.  Setting goals or deciding to change things about yourself doesn’t mean you’re a bad person.  Everyone can always better themselves, and I just want to be the best person I can be.  So I looked back on last year and decided on a few things I would like to change.
            First, I would like to make more time for myself to read.  Sometimes it is hard with all the responsibilities of work and being a mom to find time to read books just for fun.  But this break I organized my bookshelves and found so many great books that I have been meaning to read.  Not only do I enjoy reading and use it as a mental break, but reading keeps your mind young.  So my goal is to set aside time each day to catch up on my free reading, even if it is only 10-15 minutes.
            Another one of my resolutions is to prepare for another half marathon.  To do this I will need to sign up for a half marathon, set a training schedule and stick to it.  I have run two half marathons a year for the past two years.  I am hoping to do the same two this year but add a weight lifting component to my training.  I can really feel my lack of dedication to my training the past two months in my overall health.  I’m more aware than ever about the importance of regular exercise and a good diet!  My goal is to train at least 4 days a week using running on the treadmill, elliptical training and weight lifting in various segments. 
            My third and last resolution for 2015 is to do a better job of updating our family blog.  It is a great way to keep track of what our family has been up to and document our ups and downs throughout the year.  It is also fun at the end of the year to look back on it and remember as a family.  I haven’t blogged in months so it will be hard to get back into the swing of things.  I’m going to set an easy goal of once a week for 2015, but I sure hope that I can do it a few more times than that.
            I feel very confident that I will be able to reach the goals I have set for myself in 2015.  Each of them will make me a healthier and happier person for 2015, but aren’t so difficult that I won’t be able to accomplish them either.  What are your resolutions for 2015? 

No comments:

Post a Comment