Monday, October 10, 2016

Cici's closed? What?

http://www.kttc.com/story/33335335/2016/10/Thursday/last-cicis-pizza-in-minnesota-closes-abruptly-in-rochester

Guilty pleasures.  Everyone has them.  Those things you love that you don’t like to talk about?  I’m always embarrassed to say that a favorite place to eat was Cici’s.  I am not a picky eater.  And I love comfort food.  Nothing is more comforting than mac n cheese or pizza.  And Cici’s puts them together.  Cici’s and only Cici’s.  No where else have I ever tasted, tried and loved Mac N Cheese pizza.  And they also had those doughy little brownies.  And cinnamon rolls.  And bacon stuffed crust.  And…

The last couple of weeks Tim and I have gone on a few date nights.  At our age date night is a euphemism for Walmart run and grocery getting with a meal on the side.  Twice I suggested we go to Cici’s and both times Tim thought we should try something else more “date like” and save Cici’s for when we had the kids.  It is a cost effective way to get everyone full.  So we “saved” Cici for a later date.  

Last night I’m scrolling through Facebook and guess what I see.  A news article saying the last Minnesota Cici’s had closed.  That’s right UNEXPECTEDLY shut its doors.  No warning, no going out of business, just closed.  I’m crushed.  I never even got to have that final slice of mac n cheese pizza to say goodbye.   And Tim feels bad of course, but this is good lesson.  Never put off until tomorrow what you want to eat today.  Because that tomorrow may never come.  Someone should make a meme of that.  It’s good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment