Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lost my iPhone

I love the teachers I work with for all the usual reasons.  They make me laugh and smile, they are great support when things aren’t going well, they are there to vent to or run ideas by and they always have my back.  Now normally that is relegated to things pertaining to education.  But the other day the guys (did I mention my team is 4 guys and me) really stepped it up.

We had been conferencing in the hall after school.  Which meant we were probably discussing some sports team or funny video/TV show.  I had already changed to go to the barn and realized that the time had come when I should probably get going.  We wrapped up our conversation and headed our separate ways.  When I went to grab my phone I suddenly realized that, not only did I not know where it was, I couldn’t really remember when I had it last.  Frantically I searched through my bag, then went and checked the bathroom where I changed.  No phone.

Coming back to my room I ran into Riley who started to help me look.  He called my phone, and while it was on silent so it didn’t exactly help me find my phone, because my apple watch rang it told me that my phone was still in the building as the two were still connected. Pretty soon I had enlisted Tom and then Joe to help as well.  The four of us searched my bag again, checked the bathroom again, then checked my bag again, you know how it goes.  

Finally Riley saved the day when he asked if I had the Find My Iphone app.  Why hadn’t I thought of that right away!  So we all huddled around and waited for Riley’s phone to ping mine.  We got the message that it was sending a tone but didn’t hear a thing.  So like a pack of hounds in search of a scent, we headed out into the hall.  Picture the four of us, tilting our heads and wandering in the hall when all of a sudden someone heard the sound coming from back in my room.  We were like bloodhounds on the trail when we followed the sound where it led us back to my group work table.  There sat my phone in plain sight.  Why is it always in plain sight when you finally find something?

Thankfully they didn’t give me too much crap after wasting 20 minutes of their afternoons and I’m very relieved to still have my phone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment