Monday, May 8, 2017

A really good day...

Do you ever have a really good day for no reason?  You’re just sitting there, doing the same stuff you always do and can’t get the smile off your face?  I truly love those days.  I’m sitting here today and I feel like exploding because I just feel so good!  Yes, I’m tired.  It’s Monday at my alarm went off way too early to go work out.  Yep, I’m sore from all the activities at the barn this weekend.  But I can’t seem to stop smiling.


So many wonderful things going on in the world today.  I got to spend a weekend at the barn, almost as much time as I wanted to be there really.  We had things and places we wanted to be, but over the course of 2 days, I spent 9 hours working with horses.  That’s pretty amazing.  And while my horses weren’t perfect, rope burn really hurts, there was nothing that wasn’t typical 1, 2 or 3 year old behavior.  And there were some real moments of “OMG, this horse is amazing.”  So that makes up for the “OMG why are you dumb?” moments.  We also got them clean and clipped for the show coming up next Sunday.  I am SO not ready - but I can’t think of many times when I have gone to a first show thinking I was ready.  I’m just going to keep repeating to myself that it is all for fun and I am not embarrassing myself.  


The weather has finally been amazing for days on end.  Is spring really here?  Don’t get your hopes up, but I did have my first sunburn of the season this past weekend.  That’s a very real sign.  And freckles, yeah - I have a lot of them.  The giant puddles, swamps and lakes are drying up everywhere and we can enjoy outside time.  It’s almost spring flower planting even.  How did that get here so fast?  



I’m immersed in a really great series on Criminal Minds that I can workout too (and only almost fall off the treadmill/elliptical a few times because of jump scares).  I just finished a really good book and am starting another.  I’m excited about new novels and stories to teach in reading next year.  New subjects and new students and a new grade.  All exciting changes for the next school year.


My oldest daughter went to PROM.  Prom people!  And she was so gorgeous.  She has struggled so with who to go with to prom since she broke up with her boyfriend a few months back.  She had a few ideas of guys she could ask but kept coming back to “I could just take Carlee” Carlee and Libby have been best friends since daycare.  They’ve been friends since Carlee bit Libby and Libby hit her with a truck.  They always dreamed about going to prom together and when Libby switched schools this year, that became a much bigger challenge.  Problem solved, Libby asked her to be her “date”.  I worried about what her classmates and new school members would think, but Libby didn’t.  She didn’t care what they thought because she wanted to have a good time and she wanted to share prom with her best friend.  And she did.  I’m so proud of her!  



I had an amazing weekend being completely spoiled by an amazing man.  And not spoiled in the way most people think.  He spent the weekend “horsing around” with me.  Not rushing me to get done, not waiting at home, but actually spending time getting dirty and working with the horses with me.  Not complaints.  And we had some laughs, we got sweaty and dirty and it couldn’t have been more perfect.  I still smile when I think about it and our 5 crazy equines. He makes me so unbelievably happy and the only thing about him that makes me sad is when I have to be away from him.  


And…. I had my 41st birthday yesterday.  I’m really not a huge fan of birthdays but I got really good advice on the day before my birthday this year. The older gentleman that owns the barn where we keep our horses commented that I had a birthday coming up.  I replied that I wasn’t looking forward to it and wished the birthdays would just stop coming.  He had very good advice.  He told me, “you don’t wish for birthdays to stop coming.  When that happens, you’re dead.” You can learn a lot from those older and wiser than us.  I definitely got the wake up call loud and clear.  Birthdays are a blessing.  Every day is a blessing.  And I’m going to keep looking forward to every day and appreciate the little things as well as the big moments.  So today.. I have so much to be thankful for.  Loving life and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment