Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A look at selfies

Have you seen this going around on Facebook?  Have you skipped over it because it was a video and you were too busy?  Did you ignore my post telling you to watch this and remember you are beautiful?  Well knock it off.  Yep, I'm being bossy and I mean it.  Any woman who uses social media or a cell phone should watch this video.  And you know what, even those who don't could learn a thing or two about themselves and their self image.

http://unlooker.com/selfie/

I absolutely hate selfies.  I have kind of an issue with them.  Partly because we all know that person who is obsessed with their own image and can't stop sharing it on their timeline, Instagram, you name it.  I can guarantee you there will always be more pictures of my animals and kids than there will ever be of myself on my facebook.  And I can almost positively assure you that my profile picture will never be just a shot of me.

To be honest, I hate pictures of myself period.  And as I am usually running the camera, I try to make sure I'm not in them.  And if I am in them, I delete them when I get them off the camera.  I'm diabolical that way.

A few years ago I made a scrapbook about my mom for my girls.  And I tried to find pictures of her, but could hardly find any.  Realizing how difficult it was made me see that for my girls and grandkids sake I should have some pictures of myself at least.  And after watching the video I learned a lot about selfies, self awareness and self concept.  And I think it is worth a few minutes of anyone's time to share with their daughter.

Remember - you're beautiful!!




No comments:

Post a Comment