Monday, January 13, 2014

What it Means to be a Runner

Wow.  I was looking for a google image this afternoon for a "magic dress" (don't ask) and for some reason in my options the following came up.


It totally talked to me.  I love running.  HAHA.  Wait, that's complete bullshit.  I do not love running or working out. I love how I feel afterwards.  I love how strong it makes me feel.  But I do not love how hard it is to get started and this quote really wrapped that all up in one neat little wrapper for me.  For sure I don't run because it is cool or for status.  That could never be reason enough for me to get out of my comfy bed or off my comfy couch and go slog through 4 or 5 miles on the treadmill.  And no one who has seen me run would ever think it's about winning races or speed.  It is all about strength and proving that I am strong.  Not to others.  But to myself.  That's why for me, most of the time, my running is so private.
Another quote I love, that inspires and describes me is:
And this is my wish for all my friends just picking up the sport or even thinking about running.  Get up, get going and just run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment