Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Who you calling diva?

It had better be me! Seriously.  It has been brought to my attention that I'm being called a diva "behind my back".  That's another phrase that makes me laugh.  In small town rural USA, nothing really and truly happens behind your back unless you stand with yourself facing the corner and refuse to see what is happening around you.  So yeah -it's not like I didn't know this person was calling me a diva.  Quite hysterically they had accidentally texted me, talking about me, when they meant to text someone else.  What amazed me is that the person who told me thought I would be upset.  In their defense they are younger and young people do tend to get their feelings hurt more easily.  And apparently the "perpetrator" made it obvious that they meant it with a negative connotation.  But really, who can argue with JLo?

Now I don't think I work harder than "everybody else".  But I do work harder than the person who called me a "diva".  :)  It's easy to sit back and blame someone who succeeds for your failures.  The old "sour grapes" mentality, "I would never want to be that way anyway."  Oh yes you would.  You just don't have the gumption or guts to go for it. 
I've always thought of a diva as a lady who knows what she wants and goes for it, no matter how hard she has to work for it.  Now some divas take it to the extreme of course and seem to think they have become more important than others.  And some divas become queens of their trade, successes in their fields.  

Who decides?  In my book the diva decides and for me, I'm going to take my diva remark as a compliment.  I'm going to congratulate myself on being a strong, confident woman who knows what she wants and goes after it.  Who works hard and is proud of those hard fought accomplishments.  And I'm going to celebrate what ever successes happen in my life, big and small.  
While I'm not taking it to extremes....

I do believe that if you act like a true princess, http://www.babble.com/kid/10-princess-qualities-i-want-my-daughters-to-have/cinderella/, you deserve to be treated like one.  

Carry on my fellow royalty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment